Went to my first (new job) happy hour last Friday.
A group of us grabbed drinks in the resturant/bar on the ground floor of my office building. This is a brief list of what I can remember:
- my boss lady person (not really my boss but she give me work) and I bonded over our love of the angriest word of all: cunt.
- Introduced them to the phase “Hot Mess Express”
- Finally asked why no one wears dark nail polish. Apparently it doesn’t fit into the office culture and that makes me very sad.
- They asked me my opinions on some colleagues and apparently I was spot on with my observations.
- I can wear sweatpants to work when I show up on the weekends! (but I never would)
- Chelsea Clinton was there and I couldn’t stop staring at her.
- We all still drink like we’re 21 but can admit that the hangovers are a million times worse.
- I think they liked me! And I had a really fun night!
- And then I got home and fought with Boston, again. Ugh.